Monday, May 18, 2009

Family Talk

I have a couple of great son's-in-law (Don't tell Andy I said that) and a great daughter-in-law.

But this is not about the two s-i-l's but the d-i-l.

Just last week she waved Bye to "my boy" as he goes for further training to be deployed to "the big sandbox". I watched the two of them and I am so glad the Lord put them together.

He calls her his "puzzle piece" because it took her to make his life complete and I must say, I agree.

She makes him happy... happier than I have seen him since he was a little boy and killed his first two squirrels, two squirrels two shots, and that was happy. Don't take that wrong, that was a big happy day for an 8 year old.

Now I watch as she prepares to wait for him over the next months and I see the love of my son's life counting the days and waiting.

I believe the Lord gave him a Prov. 31 woman. Especially verses 10-12, "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not harm, all the days of her life."

Thank you Brantley for loving "my boy" and making him happy and giving him someone to be excited about coming home to.

Gripped by Grace,
Hal

1 comment:

robin andrews said...

Bro. Hal,
I just read your latest blog about Jonathan and Brantley. I must say that I've shed quite a few tears. I was so touched by your devotion to "your boy"! You've been such a great example to him on how to be a great Daddy, man, and husband. I know he's proud to be your son.
The Lord will protect Jonathan while he's away, and I know he'll give you the peace that passes understanding.
Please know that you, DeeDee, Brantley and the girls' are all in my prayers and that I'll pray for a hedge of protection around Jonathan while he's away.
Please let me know if there's anything you need.
God Bless You,
Robin