Monday, May 11, 2009

Another year...

Most of my blogs are somebody else's thoughts. You know - quotes from stuff I am reading. But this time it is my thoughts.

It won't be profound but it will be true.

DeeDee and I are about to say "Bye" to our son. This "Bye" will begin a year of separation. He will be in the "sandbox" serving his country, again.

(By the way he has been back less than a year from his last deployment. Is this "change I can believe in?")

A year. Wow, that is such a long time to not see someone. I have my beautiful wife, my baby daughter and son-in-law, my two precious grandchildren. Even every now and then my oldest daughter and son-in-law, come around.

But a year with out seeing "my boy". That was tough last time and it will be hard this time.

If I told you the stuff we have done over the years you would probably look at me strange and say, "The two of you did what?"

But many of those things are the things that are going through my mind

and my heart hurts

and I have a big lump in my throat.

So if you really want to help, pray first for Jonathan's precious wife, Brantley. I can't imagine how she is feeling. Then pray for DeeDee. (see her blog here) Then before you finish - mention me.

I would appreciate it.

I am so glad I am...
Gripped by Grace,
Hal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the special bond between father and son. I can't begin to imagine a year without seeing Jessica and to know that she may be in danger. You are all in our prayers daily. Praying that God will protect Jonathan from all harm and grant peace and comfort for the lonely times for both Jonathan and Brantley. Praying for you and DeeDee with a parent's heart that knows how precious our children are to us.
Prayers & Hugs,
Vicki Pounders

Tricia said...

We are praying, for all of you...

Blessings!

Angela said...

Found you at Dee's and heading over here..I have tears in my eyes,,,and will be praying precious brother in the Lord for all mentioned. I will be adding this to my Fearless Friday Meme...((hugs)) a day of prayer.

Jessie said...

Bro. Hal, I am so sorry. I can't imagine how that would feel... not seeing either of my boys faces for a year. You and Miss DeeDee are already in my family's prayers, but I just wanted to let you know that you are.
Hugs,
Jessica (Compton) Keith