Friday, January 16, 2009

For Those Who are Wondering

It started Thursday morning. DeeDee got out of bed around 6:30 a.m., because of discomfort in her left arm and neck. I soon got up and checked on her and she was hurting seriously.

We talked about what she wanted to do and after back and forth we went to Calera Family Health. Dr. Walker and the nurses there were very helpful. But I want to talk about a short few minutes in which the Lord said much to me and caused me to live what I believe.

They had given DeeDee her third nitro pill. Her blood pressure dropped to 80 over 40. She looked at the nurses and said, "I'm going to pass out." They talked with her a minute and she said, "Really, I'm going to pass out." Then she looked at me and with tears in her eyes said, "I'm going to die." I looked back in the beautiful eyes of my bride and said, "No your not going to die." Soon they got her blood pressure stabilized and we started the trip and work at the hospital.

Someone asked me if I was afraid. The answer is, No. When DeeDee looked at me and said with fear, "I'm going to die" , the Lord assured me she could not die then. She will not have fear when she dies. God will give her dying grace when the time comes. I know that and I live everyday with that. It wasn't a dying day for DeeDee.

Some may ask why was she afraid? Because it wasn't a dying day for her. She still was clinging to me and her loved ones. When the dying day comes she will let go and die with grace.

That is why I could say, "Your not going to die." When the time comes for any one of God's children to go home it will be a time of peace not fear, a time of a home coming celebration with nothing to fear.

Gripped by Grace,
Hal

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

You are a rock! I love you. Thanks for being there for me.
Literally.
Love you
Me

Anonymous said...

So glad everything is ok - what a sweet hubby you are :-) By the way, my parents were very appreciative of you stopping by to see Daddy last week. Praise the Lord he is home & we finally had Christmas Saturday night - what a celebration it was! Thanks again for everything! Lara