Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"As a man thinks...so is he."

As DeeDee and I are in Virginia going through a difficult time with Ronnie and our daughter Julia (she is miscarrying) I am continuing to read some of my general books.

I read a quote from the book, "The Christian Mind" by Harry Blamires. It is thought provoking. See how it strikes you.

"The collision between the Christian mind and a solidly earthbound culture ought to be a violent one."

I think when the collision is not violent that the Christian mind has given in to the earthbound culture.

Gripped by Grace,
Hal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good statement Brother Hal. It is very true that as a Christian we are on a collision course with this world. Especially now more than ever with the way our government is going. I pray for our grandchildren that they will not be caught up in the lie that they have to be tolerant or else they are not showing God's love. More and more this world is tolerant of everything except Christianity. Praying for you all.
Vicki Pounders